The BOLDR Supply Company was founded only recently in 2016 in Singapore as a lifestyle brand with an eye for adventure, focussing mainly on watches. In just a few years the brand manufatured several watch genres, from diver’s, field, explorer, casual, sport, to even the medic watch concept.
Beginning 2020 I was contacted by the Portugese designer Danny Luís (BOLDR Supply and ESCH design), and BOLDR’s founder Leon Leong, as the brand started to create a new Regatta watch concept, one particular style BOLDR never had explored before. I am proud I was able to give some feedback and insight for their project, and thus began a very pleasant and positive collaboration!
April 2021 the BOLDR Odyssey Regatta was introduced. The 12 o’clock subdial features the visual 10-minute countdown to the start of the regatta. Rather unusual is the 2-in-1 bezel, which combines a 15-minute countdown marker with a specialized tachymeter in nautical miles.
BOLDR Odyssey Regatta front and caseback.
Model: BOLDR Odyssey Regatta.
- Reference: Odyssey Regatta with a black and white dial, and stainless steel case.
- Caliber: slightly modified ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic movement.
- Case size: Ø 45,5 mm / H 18,2 mm.
- Year: 2021.
- First batch limited to 100 pieces.
How the countdown function works:
The automatic ETA Valjoux 7750 movement has the crown to set the time at 3 o’clock, a pusher at 2 o’clock for start/stop, and a pusher at 4 o’clock to reset the timer.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION, BE PATIENT…….
On Thursday April 14th 2022 the Boldr company introduced the new BOLDR Odyssey Regatta with an Admiral blue dial and bezel, in combination with Ice-blue subdials. Manufactured in a first batch of 100 numbered pieces.
- Many thanks to Danny Luís for asking me to collaborate on this project!
- Braving New Horizons – BOLDR Supply Company Releases Its First-Ever Re – BOLDR Supply Co.